By Britney Pieta
A new year has already arrived. This new year comes with many more possibilities and opportunities. Even if you don’t like to think too far in advance, there’s still a part of us that wonders if life will be the same five years from now. Here is your chance to not only reflect on what this New Year has to offer, but for the years to come in your own personal time capsule!
Retrieved from: https://litemind.com/send-time-capsule-future-self/
- Lists of favorites. What do you like most today? What are your favorite movies, books, television shows, songs, moments, people, celebrations, surprises, lessons, quotations or achievements?
- Important questions and feelings. What are the big unanswered questions currently in your mind? What feelings predominate in these times? How do you feel about your life and the world around you? What do you enjoy about today? What are you thankful for?
- Goals and aspirations. What do you pursue today? What is the vision for your future life? What are the things you’re looking forward to? What are your hopes for your future self? How much or in what way do you expect to be different when you get the letter?
- ‘A Day in the Life…’ How’s your everyday life? How’s a typical day at work? At home? Who do you interact with daily? What do you enjoy doing every day? What are the daily trivialities you’ll miss tomorrow?
- Highlights of the year. Which funny facts do you want to remember or laugh about in the future? What were this year’s 10 best things/worst things that happened to you? How would you describe this year in one sentence? In one word?
- Lessons learned and advice for yourself. What advice would you give to your future self? What important lesson did you learn recently and don’t want to forget?
Find a place to hide your time capsule and remember not to peek at it until five years has past. Then re-open it every five years and see how life changes!