By Britney Pieta
Most of us are used to sending hundreds of Christmas cards to family and friends every year. It can become a boring routine, but why not do something special and make some by hand this year? Creating a hand-written card can be done at any age and can become a great keepsake for your family or friends.
In “Pinocchio’s Christmas” there is a beautiful song about the power of poetry:
“Put your love in a poem….roses are red…put your love in a letter…words never said…whisper love when you feel shy…sing of love and the world will cry…save your love for a present…give it away…the perfect gift for Christmas day.”
So here are some ideas for starting a heartfelt poem for someone you love: (remember honesty and simplicity is the best !)
1. Share your favorite Christmas memory with the person (can be humorous or silly too).
2. Replace a well-known jingle tune with their name and slightly different wording.
3. Tell the person what they mean to you (even the mushy stuff).
4. Make a list and thank the person for what they did throughout the year.
5. Share the parts of Christmas you associate with them.
6. Draw a picture to go along with the poem.
7. Write the words “I love you,” over and over.